Samsung has been moving up in the world with their mobile devices and made life difficult for Apple to achieve and maintain their world dominance. With all the great phones which they have been providing, some rise to the top as outstanding smart phones, such as the Galaxy S II which has received recognition for being a great device at the Mobile World Congress this year in Barcelona. They beat out the Apple iPhone for that honor.
With the rumored Galaxy S3 coming some time this summer, it makes one wonder what else Samsung has going on for the future. One indication would be areas where they are trying to get trademarks. Samsung has been busy filing trademark applications here in the US for their future products. The most recent, which were filed on March 2nd with the US Patent And Trademark Office include:
- Samsung Galaxy Emerge with Serial Number 85558647
- Samsung Galaxy Stellar with Serial Number 85558639
- Samsung Galaxy Halo with Serial Number 85558619
From filings back on February 16th:
- Samsung Galaxy Rite with Serial Number 85545292
- Samsung Galaxy Heir with Serial Number 85545288
- Samsung Galaxy Awaken with Serial Number 85545285
- Samsung Galaxy Axiom with Serial Number 85545284
From filings back on January 13th:
Form filings back on December 27th:
From filings back on November 23rd:
Not all of these are looking to be Galaxy devices, but it is clear that Samsung is hard at work designing the next smart phones for the future. We can expect to hear about these names in the coming months. Not all of these may reach the US for sale, but they are reserving the trademark names in order to protect their interests in the future.